Our film “THE INFINITE SPACE” has won the SPECIAL JURY AWARD at International Film Festival of Shimla, 2016 announced by Siddharth Chauhan
A first time filmmaker Piyush Kanga also won this award for his debutant film “DOST”, whereas the Best Film Award went to “Ram Bharose” by Aryan Harnot & Manwar Rana.
USP’s of THE INFINITE SPACE:
- Nawang Khechog, a Tibetan Grammy Award Nominee, has given the Music of the Film along with Aasheesh Mehta (who is a local music producer).
- Written, Directed and Produced by a localite with complete local cast and crew.
- Real Life Monks have acted in the film & the film is in “Ladakhi Language”
- All Visual Effects were done in Shimla by Yashwant Kumar Sharma, (Framebox Animation Institute, Sanjauli)
- Film Premiered at University of Manchester, UK in 2015.
Written, Directed & Produced by: Siddharth Chauhan (a localite, originally from Rohru)
- Dorjidak Mahayana Buddhist Monastery, Panthaghati, Shimla
- Jonang Tibetan Buddhist Monastery, Sanjauli, Shimla
With Support from: Central School for Tibetans, Shimla
- Karma Jangchup [Central School for Tibetans, Class 7 student]
- Tsering Samdup[Central School for Tibetans, Class 7 student]
- Nawang Jinpa [Dorjidak Mahayana Buddhist Monastery, Panthaghati, Shimla]
- Nyima Tsering [Jonang Tibetan Buddhist Monastery, Sanjauli, Shimla]
Assistant Director: Vibha Sharma [MCA, HPU]
A little buddhist monk, Nawang, dares to believe in a secret which was revealed years ago in an old buddhist scripture. He discover a secret to Infinity and later reveals it to his friend, Karma, who too discovers then, that one can do anything through the power of faith & belief.
The film had its Indian Premiere at the International Documentary & Short Film Festival of Kerala, 2015 where it was widely appreciated for its originality of content and form.
- 2 Films from Shimla Win Top Awards at Pink City Film Festival, Jaipur
- Next Pahari film FLYING TRUNK in Dodra Kawar by Siddharth Chauhan